CELEBRATE CHISHOLM WEDDING
Chisholm, Minn., Jan. 29.—(Special to The Herald.)—Miss Mary Hhaducovich, daughter of Dan Hhadovocich of Chisholm, was married to Ignatz Tomich, a local meat cutter, Sunday. The ceremony took place in the Servian church at 11 o’clock, Rev. Father Bozichocich officiating. Later a bountiful dinner was served to a large number of guests and the balance of the day and night was devoted to dancing and merrymaking. —Duluth Herald January 29, 1912
PRETTY ELY WEDDING
Miss Esther Gustafson becomes Mrs. Clarence Brown
Ely, Minn., Jan. 3.—(Special to The Herald.)—The holiday season saw a pretty wedding celebrated here at the home of the bride when Miss Esther Gustafson, daughter of Victor Gustafson, was married to Clarence Milford Brown, formerly of Two Harbors, in the presence of relatives. Coral Brown and Isabel Gustafson attended the bride, while Frank Schweiger and Thomas J. Brown attended the bridegroom.
The bride wore a midnight blue velvet suit with fur trimmings and a Georgette silk crepe blouse trimmed in real lace. The modish traveling hat was of black velvet and satin. A corsage bouquet of violets was the only flowers worn.
The ceremony was performed in the living room under a pretty lattice work arrangement with showers of hearts in pink and white. The dining room was also decorated in pink and white. Pink and white carnations formed the centerpiece for the table. Immediately after the ceremony a wedding dinner was served by Mrs. C. M. Hanson, assisted by Miss Edith Anderson. The young couple left for a short honeymoon trip to the Twin Cities and Two Harbors.
The bride was born and reared here and is a graduate of the Ely High School class of 1912. The bridegroom was born and reared at Two Harbors and is a graduate of the high school of that city. He also attended the University of Minnesota for one year. Mr. Brown has resided in Ely since September and has been undertaker for the Laing Hardware Company.
The young couple will be at home after Feb. 1 on East Sheridan Street in a house erected for them by the bride’s father. Miss Coral Brown, a sister, and Thomas J. Brown, father of the groom, were the only members of the groom’s family able to attend the wedding, the others being confined to their home with the grip. —Duluth Herald January 3, 1916
MARRIED AT HIGH NOON TUESDAY
Popular young man of this city weds Fond du Lac girl at home of bride’s parents in Wisconsin
Tuesday of this week, at the home of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Nelson R. Ford of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, occurred the marriage of Walter A. Zeidler of this city and Miss Hattie Mae Ford of Fond do Lac.
As the beautiful strains of the wedding march floated through the room, the bridal party passed in amid yellow and white roses, autumn leaves and foliage. Rev. W. A. Hall of the above mentioned city spoke the words that united the two hearts of the remainder of life’s journey.
The bride, unattended, was attired in a brown broad cloth traveling suit and picture hat and carried a bouquet of pink roses. The groom wore the usual conventional black.
Immediately after the ceremony, the 25 guests were escorted to the beautiful room, where the tables were spread underneath a canopy of autumn leaves. A bounteous and delicious breakfast was served by Mrs. Ford and her assistants.
After the wedding the happy couple left on a wedding trip and will be at home to their friends at 704 Garfield Street in this city after December 1.
The groom is a popular and highly respected young gentleman of this city. He was first employed at the Adams district as a timekeeper and through efficient and satisfactory work was promoted to a responsible position at the Spruce office, through which all of the business of the Adams district is transacted. He has won the admiration of his many true friends by his straightforward and square dealings with them, and they extend their heartiest congratulations and wish him well for his future life.
The bride is also well respected by those who know her here. She has visited in Eveleth on several occasions and, according to his friends, Mr. Zeidler has chosen a wife that will be of great assistance to him, both socially and as a life helper. —Eveleth News October 12, 1916
WEDDING AT JEWISH SYNAGOGUE
Miss Pearl Siegel and Benjamin Walt jointed in matrimony last Sunday evening
The wedding of Miss Pearl Siegel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. Siegel of this city, and Benjamin Walt of Virginia took place at the Hebrew synagogue in this city last Sunday evening at 8 p.m., Rabbis Lippman and Cohen jointly officiating. Miss Fanny Kaner attended the bride, and Isadore Titch of Superior was best man. After the ceremony, a wedding dinner was served at the home of the bride on Hayes Street. After the dinner, a dancing party was given for the younger folks at the Elks Hall.
Mr. and Mrs. Walt are making their home in Virginia, where Mr. Walt conducts a business. Many friends and relatives from various points on the Range and from Superior attended the ceremony. —Eveleth News October 12, 1916
PRETTY RANGE WEDDING
Hibbing, Minn., Sept. 2.—(Special to The Herald.)—The home of Mr. and Mrs. O. H. Anderson in South Hibbing was the scene of a pretty wedding Tuesday, when Miss Esther McCollough of Minneapolis and Carroll P. Webster of this city, formerly of Minneapolis, were married. Rev. R. A. Cowling officiated and the double ring service was used. The bride wore a gown of white crepe de chine and carried a bouquet of bride’s roses and baby’s breath. Mrs. Anderson, a sister of the bride, acted as matron of honor. Mrs. W. A. Webster of Minneapolis, mother of the groom, was present at the service. The young couple left for a trip down the Great Lakes and will be at home to their friends after October 1. —Duluth Herald September 2, 1920
VAN BUSKIRK-FAY NUPTIALS MONDAY
St. Stephen’s church, Minneapolis, was the scene of a very pretty event Monday when the wedding of Ethel Marian Fay and Marvin Van Buskirk occurred. Ceremonies were in charge of Father Gawn. The newly married couple left on a wedding tour following the wedding and are now at Burntside Lodge near Ely. They will be at home in this city shortly.
Mrs. Van Buskirk is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John C. Fay of Minneapolis. She has been on the school faculty here for the past two years and is an instructor in music. Mr. Van Buskirk is an Eveleth boy. He was born in this city, and with the exception of a few years spent in the West and in the Marine corps of the United States Army has made his home here. He is manager of the Boyle and Mather tire shop. Both are popular in Eveleth’s younger set.
Mrs. Anna Van Buskirk, mother of the groom, and Anthony and Rilla Van Buskirk of Eveleth attended the wedding. —Eveleth Clarion August 10, 1922
AURORA WEDDING ELABORATE AFFAIR
Aurora, Minn., Aug. 14.—(Special to The Herald.)—One of the largest weddings in Aurora for a number of years took place Saturday when Miss Anna Dorothy Virant was married to Charles Hren. The wedding took place at the Catholic church and Rev. Mr. Jershe of Biwabik had charge of the ceremony. Immediately after the wedding party arrived, the Lohengrin march was played by Miss Helen Pallanck. Miss Dorothy Forte of Eveleth sang “I Love You Truly” and “O Promise Me” and a choir composed of Rosalie China, Helen Pallanck, Dolly Forte and Anna Rebrovich sang songs.
Miss Virant was dressed in white Georgette with Canton crepe and carried a bouquet of white roses. She had as her bridesmaid her sister, Angela, who was dressed in pink. The flower girls were her sister, Julia, and her niece, Elizabeth Smolich, who was dressed in pink also and carried sweet peas. Mr. Hren had for his best man Miss Virant’s brother, Joe. After the ceremony the wedding party went to Mrs. Virant’s home for a wedding breakfast. An elaborate 6 o’clock dinner was served for about 100 friends and relatives at the home of Mrs. Anna Virant. Mr. and Mrs. Hren will leave shortly for a honeymoon trip, after which they will make their home in Aurora.
Miss Virant is the daughter of Mrs. Anna Virant and is a very popular young local girl, having attended high school here and lived here for a number of years. Mr. Hren has been traffic manager in the town for quite a few years. —Duluth Herald August 14, 1922